Monday 11 April 2011

First Blog - Illustration Friday

Ahoy chaps! I am a first time blogger, be kind, be patient and please don't throw things at my head if it all goes horribly wrong (e.g. how big does one put images on this thing?!!! is my small pirate too small?!or maybe he will come out giant!what will happen when I press post!? a whole world of the unknown!) 

This is an image I have done for Illustration Friday. This weeks theme is : Bottled 
I am working on a pirate piece (arrrrrrr!) at the minute and this seemed like the logical answer. Poor little chappy, I have trapped him in there for an eternity and I'm a little worried about his air supply.

Blog plan is to post all new and exciting work on here and to ramble on in a philosophical way. I shall be coherent, intellectual, philosophical and erm .... stuff. Posts at least once a week for illustration friday and other times with other work.

Please be my friend!

Nats x




8 comments:

  1. welcome to the world of Blogger...i'm sure you will find loads of lovely people to admire your stunning work....I love your pirate...im sure the rum will keep him happy!!
    loves, Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! I suppose you could pop his cork for air? Pretty sure Emma has the right idea about the rum though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Natalie,
    I love your illustration, and welcome to Blog-land, I am also a new comer, so I know how exciting it is to receive a comment, I'd become a follower but my profile pic. would be in the pirates escape door and he might hurt me rushing out for air! Think you may need to click and drag a few gadgets!
    Eithna.

    Eithna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little pirate. Great take on the bottled theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome aboard! I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. I've met some great people and have had much to think about from things others have posted.

    Love your poor little out of rum pirate! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will Love Blogging once you get used to it. I suggest you go back and edit this post and make the Picture as a Large or Medium size ( click it in the post editor and the blue bar shows with size options) and it should fit the space on your blog better then. When clicked, the larger version will be visible.
    When saving images for the blog, resize to 72dpi resolution (or use 'save for web' in Photoshop) and keep the longest side no more than 800 pixels. That is large enough for most people to enjoy fitted on their screens when they click the image to see the larger version, and saves your space allocation in Picasa - where your blogger images are stored.
    Happy Blogging, and nice I.F. image :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Natalie, thanks for your comment. You are very welcome to follow :)
    Good luck with your new blog.

    ReplyDelete